The goal of the training is to provide an overview of the basic principles and methodologies for program evaluation with an emphasis on the application for practitioners in the humanitarian work environment. The training content will be conveyed in balanced combination of lectures, group work and case studies.
Please note that the preparations for this training are well advanced, however minor changes to the programme cannot be excluded.
The training goal is that participants become conversant with the principles underlying the selection of an appropriate design for an evaluation in the humanitarian context and will be able to identify data sources and methods used to acquire information to assess project impact. Participants should become able to critically analyse both the opportunities and the limitations that emerge when working with a given evaluation approach.
- MSF staff with a potential to become evaluators
- Current and/or potential commissioners of evaluations within the Operational Centres
- External experts
A P P L I C A T I O N
All applicants should fulfil the following:
- Advanced degree in Health Management, Medicine, Anthropology, Economics, Logistics, Audit or related field
- Or a first-level university degree with two additional years of qualifying experience in lieu of the advanced degree
- Or at least 7 years of relevant working experience in an NGO environment and experience in quality management, performance monitoring and audit
- Very good command of written and spoken English
For MSF Staff Members
MSF staff must contact the related Training Unit who will provide the necessary information and will submit the application.
For External Experts
External experts can apply directly to email@example.com, subject line: Evaluation Training 2018 by sending a Letter of Motivation and a CV clearly indicating your qualifications as outlined above.
Application deadline for all applicants is Wednesday, 21 February 2018.
MSF staff members
Costs of participation and travel costs will be covered by MSF and have to be arranged with your related Training Officer.
This training is free of charge.
Further financial and organisational details will be communicated in the acceptance letter.
Flight arrangements or other travel arrangements to and from the venue have to be organized and paid by the participant him/herself.
Accommodation and meals will be provided by MSF-AT.
- Letter of Motivation
- Comprehensive CV
firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line: Evaluation Training 2018
The Vienna Evaluation Unit looks forward to receiving your application!