OSV:towards a new paradigm of violence for MSF operations
This report was made by BRAMU, the Brazilian Medical Unit of MSF Brazil at the request of OCBA. It aims to contribute to a comprehensive understanding of socalled “Other Situations of Violence” (OSV). It argues that these situations do have some specificities that need to be understood and integrated to adequately address their medical and mental health consequences. This report also argues that OSV are neglected situations of violence. It ends by advocating for comprehensive, large and flexible MSF projects.
Table of Contents
- The transformation of violence: a general overview
- Defining “other situations of violence”
- Operational approach towards OSV
- MSF first experiences: lessons and best practices
- Key components of strategies for a comprehensive response to OSV