The following research questions were proposed in the TOR for the literature review:
In the Dinka population (specifically the tribes form the northern part of S Sudan):
- What is considered a disease (or an illness or a sickness)?
- What is the meaning of a disease?
- What should be done against a disease (or to solve a disease, or the cure a disease)?
- What are thy doing actually in case of disease (health seeking behaviour)
These questions could be stratified according to:
- Type of symptoms: fever, malaria, cough, diarrhoea....
- Type of medical problem: disease or trauma or malnutrition or obstetric complications
- Type of population: for neonates, infants, children, adolescents, adults, elderly, female, male, social status etc.
- Type of clan or tribe or geographic locationParticular attention if possible with regards to: Differences of perception and HSB according to sub clans or tribes. – Different attitudes and behaviour according to age groups or social status – Perception of risks related to perinatal period (for mother and child) and options to address it. – Perception of trauma and surgery to treat trauma – Perception of malnutrition in children.